Srinivasa

.

Wednesday 17 July 2013

Hinglish Breakfast from Left Overs




Hinglish Breakfast left over vegetables



A couple of days before , we had been to a newly opened fine dining restaurant in Raja Rajeshwari Nagar.  One Family in an adjacent table, had ordered for a couple of vegetable servings as side dishes for a few Roties. In the end , they have instructed the waiter to get the left over vegetable servings packed neatly and said they will pay for any packing charges. Somehow the act appeared strange to me. On observing my body language , the lady told me that she will use the left over side dishes for the early morning breakfast and make only a few chapaties , as she did not wish to waste the usable left overs.  Though their act appeared strange to me , I kept on pondering , as to , why not use the usable left over vegetables for the next day’s breakfast. A few days before, I had invited a couple for dinner and as there was a heavy downpour , they had informed me that they may be excused , as they do not wish to drive during the heavy downpour . I was left with the half cut and excess fresh vegetables to think of a way of  avoiding wastage.


Rangarajan Bangalore 18.07.2013 03:00 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment